Scoured the www for inspiration and came up with satin flowers. Lots of bloggers/crafters have made them but I thought I’d give you my take.
I’d bought a lovely deep red satin cushion cover from the £1 shop, red on one side with a flocked flowered pattern on the other. But had no idea what I was going to do with it. Hence the www trawl!
I decided to use both sides of the cover for a contrasting effect. I removed the zip and stowed it away it my ‘another time’ box and using various sized cookie cutters drew circles on the satin.
I cut each circle twice (fabric still doubled). The amount and size of the petals depends on the style of flower you want.
Using a small tea light candle I melted the edges of the circles, this crisps them slightly and also curls too giving a ‘real’ petal effect.
The medium flower was stitched with three petals at the bottom, then two, two and one.
I finished each bloom with AB beads, how many you use is again up to you.